8 LGBTQ+ Creatives You Should Know
For Pride Month, we’re highlighting 8 innovative creators who are also members of the LGBTQ+ community that are using their platform to uplift, inspire and educate others during this time.
- Dua Saleh: While somewhat new to the music scene, they have already gained critical acclaim and a following for their EP Nūr. They use their platform to bring LGBTQ+ issues and content to the forefront, especially for the many who are still closeted in their home country, Sudan.
- Boman Martinez-Reid: This Gen-Z TikTok star captures millions with his comedic and relatable content about life during the pandemic. He turns the seemingly mundane moments of our everyday life into short reality TV segments.
- Hayley Kiyoko: The actor and singer proudly sings about her feelings for girls, and is a champion for young queer girls through her thoughtful, honest and energizing music.
- Tanya Compas: an award-winning youth worker and activist in London who makes spaces for Black LGBTQ+ through events like #QueerBlackChristmas.
- Menelik Puryear: A highly accomplished photographer from Brooklyn, NY, Menelik regularly collaborates with top outlets like Out Magazine and Esquire.
- Christopher Rashad: Music curator, choreographer, and world traveler who shares his passion across varying environments, always living by his mantra “music is the answer.”