VP, Story - Chicago
Do you craft stories like it's your job? It could be.
Day One Agency—Campaign Magazine’s Agency of the Year and PRovoke Media’s Creative Agency of the Year—is hiring! We’re looking for a VP, Story to join our rising team. The right candidate will be ambitious, hard-working, and dedicated to telling stories that stop people in their scroll. You’ll take pride in your work, show initiative, and go the extra mile to ensure that creativity breaks through and “earns it” for our clients. We’re looking for self-starters with creative agency experience who are willing to work collaboratively and quickly with our squad. Excellent organizational skills are imperative. In return, you’ll be in a rewarding learning environment with a great opportunity to grow and further your knowledge and career.
Our company culture is at the core of everything we do. It defines our vibe. It’s what makes every day, Day one. We offer a highly collaborative environment (even as we work from a distance in this new remote world) where smart and hyper-passionate people come together to solve creative communications challenges. It’s no secret; we work hard, but only on the things we love. From the day this agency was created, we vowed to only work on projects that fire us up and that’s still true. It’s how we make projects like Chipotle’s multi-award-winning Freeting campaign come to life.
We emphasize and value all of our relationships—they’re what powers us. Our colleagues, clients, and partners are the most important part of our business. So if you want to join a fast-growing, award-winning, creative team, we’d love to hear from you.
This position is full time and is only available in Chicago.
As the VP, Story you will be responsible for setting creative work with Day One. We believe the story is at the center of every big idea and how we say it can have a big impact on connecting with an audience— either client or consumer. You'll help lead the ideation charge at Day One and be responsible for making the complex simple through smart writing and the ability to connect the dots on big ideas.
A huge part of this role is leading the team out of the ambiguity and into a clear direction. To succeed, you’ll need to be someone who doesn’t wait to be told what to do or where to go, but sets clarity around work and deliverables with a vision of what success looks like.
- Oversee creative ideation and lead brainstorm sessions
- Deeply grounded in culture and focus on connecting to the things people care about.
- Attend client meetings and act a creative leader for Day One
- Manage a team of creative strategists, copywriters, and world builders
- Collaborate with teams across agency to bring ideas to life
- Lead integrated agency team and client meetings
- Develop copy for project and top-edit our biggest ideas
- Be a trusted resource for clients for your unique POV
- Bring outside thinking and new directions to each assignment
- Push us to think beyond the everyday executions
- 10-12 years relevant experience as part of a creative team
- 4+ years in a role overseeing a team and leading campaigns
- Background in creative writing and idea development
- Strong network of freelance writers, makers, and creative talent
- Familiarity designing across platforms from digital, print, and experiential
- High level of understanding of earned media
- Agile, nimble, and able to pivot quickly
- Have IAT experience
Major Bonus If You
- Have experience working at creative communication agencies
Compensation + Benefits
We value all of our employees and are happy to provide comprehensive benefits to help support them holistically in the best way we can. We offer all our employees:
- Health Care (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Time Off and Company Paid Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Annual Technology Stipend
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Company Credit Card
- Uber Business Account
- New Business Referral Bonus
- Employee Referral Bonus
The Company is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The base compensation range for this role is $160,000-$200,000 and this position is eligible for benefits that include medical insurance (health, dental, and vision), retirement plan, paid time off, paid parental leave, new business and employee referral bonuses, etc. Please note that the compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for California based hires only and is provided pursuant to the California Pay Transparency Law. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as candidates' relevant work experience, skills, qualifications, and location.