Day One Agency—Campaign Magazine’s Agency of the Year and PRovoke Media’s Creative Agency of the Year—is hiring! We’re looking for a VP, People Experience to join our growing team. The right candidate has a passion and innate curiosity that ensures people have a fulfilling career experience at Day One. We emphasize and value all our relationships—they’re what powers us. Our colleagues, clients, and partners are the most important part of our business. So, if you want to join a fast-growing, award-winning, creative team, we’d love to hear from you.
This position is full time and has a hybrid flexible work schedule located at our NY office location.
The ideal candidate is someone who loves to create and execute simple but effective people processes across the entire HR lifecycle. You are expected to be entrepreneurial minded, detail oriented, and a creative problem solver by nature. This position will be a key leader in ensuring all people operations run smoothly and take on projects that enable us to evolve the people function as the firm grows. This position will work closely with the EVP, People, Culture and Diversity to ensure people strategy is well executed across all functions and levels within the agency.
- Be a trusted advisor for people matters at all levels of the agency and oversee people operations, talent development and talent acquisition.
- Be the source of knowledge to the ELT on key people issues that need to be addressed and provide solutions that help leadership implement key programs
- Manage the people team to ensure they have the needed development and supervision to achieve their goals
- Create and implement processes that support people goals for the agency
- Support implementation of systems and automation as needed for the People function
- Define new and improve policies and procedures to ensure compliance in adherence with any company, legal or regulatory laws, and advise on best practices
- Oversee data and integrity of company personnel and payroll records
- Take on and execute key people projects, analytics and reporting and support as directed by agency leadership
- Support all reporting and implementation of DE&I initiatives
- Ensure recruiting is run effectively and continue to improve the manager as well as candidate experience
- Take on recruiting projects that involve building metrics and exploring systems that allow for effective and efficient recruiting process
- Help execute the talent brand and value proposition to eternal candidates
- Ensure we have the simple and effective processes across all people operations
- Oversee payroll and benefits vendors and administration
- Manage exit and onboarding process and work closely with IT and operations to make it a smooth employee experience
- Work closely with finance to ensure people and finance teams work closely and effectively on people operations
Compensation and Rewards
- Support the compensation planning process
- Track and report of various compensation metrics regularly
- Oversee the implementation of special bonus or any rewards programs
- Ensure smooth implementation of benefits programs and be a key conduit with the service providers
- Ensure smooth implementation of learning and development plan
- Execute on the career development pathways which includes ensuring organizations structure, competency models and job paths are aligned to overall strategic people priorities
- Oversee the performance management system and process
- 10-15 years of experience in human resources, project management and client/professional services environment
- Resourceful and can research and understand and keep UpToDate on applicable employment laws and regulations
- Exhibits an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoys contributing to the creation of new systems, programs, and company culture
- Understand the tenants of change management and is comfortable with constant change and growth
- Exceptional people and communication skills
- Trusted advisor with impeccable relationship building skills who can maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Leadership, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills
- Preferred experience in a creative/agency environment
The Company is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The base compensation range for this role is $175,000-$225,000 and this position is eligible for benefits that include medical insurance (health, dental, and vision), retirement plan, paid time off, paid parental leave, new business and employee referral bonuses, etc. Please note that the compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for New York City based hires only and is provided pursuant to the New York City Pay Transparency Law. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as candidates' relevant work experience, skills, qualifications, and location.