Day One Agency—Campaign Magazine’s Agency of the Year and PRovoke Media’s Creative Agency of the Year—is hiring! We’re looking for a VP, Communications to join our rising team. The right candidate will be ambitious, hard-working, and dedicated to telling stories that stop people in their scroll. You’ll take pride in your work, show initiative, and go the extra mile to ensure that our clients are serviced in the best way possible. We’re looking for self-starters with creative agency experience who are willing to work collaboratively and quickly with our squad. Excellent organizational skills are imperative. In return, you’ll be in a rewarding learning environment with a great opportunity to grow and further your knowledge and career.
Our company culture is at the core of everything we do. It defines our vibe. It’s what makes every day, day one. We offer a highly collaborative environment (even as we work from a distance in this new remote world) where smart and hyper-passionate people come together to solve creative communications challenges. It’s no secret; we work hard, but only on the things we love. From the day this agency was created, we vowed to only work on projects that fire us up and that’s still true. It’s how we make projects like Chipotle’s multi-award-winning Freeting campaign come to life.
We emphasize and value all of our relationships—they’re what powers us. Our colleagues, clients, and partners are the most important part of our business. So if you want to join a fast-growing, award-winning, creative team, we’d love to hear from you.
This role is full time and only available in New York City.
Responsibilities for this senior role will include serving as a strategic counsel to clients and as a team leader. This person will be responsible to help develop strong communications strategies that build brand awareness and achieve key business objectives. We’re looking for someone who has a strong track record with creating strategic 360 consumer campaigns in today's cluttered media landscape. In addition to team management and mentorship experience, we are also looking for someone who can be a part of new business and management decisions.
- Be a thought-partner for senior-level clients by understanding their business while helping to maintain and deepen our client relationship
- Develop creative, award-winning campaign ideas rooted in culture but based off insights
- Ensure that public relations, talent, content and influencer strategies are aligned with the clients’ overarching objectives
- Be proactive, anticipate client needs and keep multiple activities moving
- Provide mentorship and leadership to agency teams.
- Maintain current knowledge of trends, the competitive landscape, and confidently provide strategic point-of-views to the client
- Participate in new business pitch development and/or presentations
- Serve on the leadership team, drive office culture and be a mentor to staff
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10+ years of experience
- Experience in leading and mentoring a diverse team, exemplify excellent judgement and people skills.
- Understanding of brand partnerships and experience in working with creative teams to build effective strategies and campaigns.
- Creative storytelling skills coupled with a deep understanding on how to package a story, understand the importance of visual elements
- Deep understanding of developing media strategies and strong media relationships
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- A proven track record for developing and executing programs that have driven tangible results
- Entrepreneurial spirit, willing to do what is needed to the job done
- Able to manage multiple priorities and pivot quickly
- Pluses: prior PR agency experience; integrated communications strategy; brand partnerships; large-scale event activations
- Because of the diversity of clients that the agency represents, the ideal candidate must be able to seamlessly transition (and be successful) supporting and delivering success across a wide range of assignments and client categories — including travel, financial services, lifestyle, consumer tech, fashion and beverage.
Compensation + Benefits
We value all of our employees and are happy to provide comprehensive benefits to help support them holistically in the best way we can. We offer all our employees:
- Health Care (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- "Take-As-You-Need" Paid Time Off and Company Paid Holidays
- Fresh Thinking Mornings
- Summer Fridays
- Annual Technology Stipend
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Company Credit Card
- Uber Business Account
- New Business Referral Bonus
- Employee Referral Bonus