Talent Acquisition Lead - New York
New York City
Day One Agency—Campaign Magazine’s Agency of the Year and PRovoke Media’s Creative Agency of the Year—is hiring! We’re looking for a senior Talent Acquisition lead to join the team and help us build the agency of the future.
Our company culture is at the core of everything we do. It defines our vibe. It’s what makes every day, Day One. We offer a highly collaborative environment where smart and hyper-passionate people come together to solve creative communications challenges.
We are looking for someone who is always looking for great talent, is able to creatively think about sourcing and building a Talent brand across the industry. Someone who is entrepreneurial, a natural leader and can think about ways in which to elevate our hiring process across all levels. Have a passion for people and making processes effective and creating uniqueness that speaks to our Agency. We’re looking for self-starters with full-cycle recruitment experience who are willing to work collaboratively and quickly with our squad and external partners. This is an opportunity for a strong recruiter to be a hands-on leader to contribute to a best in class talent acquisition function within an award winning creative communications agency.
This position is full time and is based in NYC with a hybrid work schedule.
Reporting into our VP, People Experience, this role will build and execute on our talent acquisition strategy across the agency. The ideal candidate has strong business instincts and is collaborative, organized, has excellent communications skills and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Talent Acquisition Strategy:
- Working closely with the VP, People Experience to build out a best in class recruiting strategy in alignment with the broader people strategy and agency vision
- Work on the external talent brand and identify measures to help build the talent brand in the marketplace as well as ensure understanding internally
- Identify ways to instill creative pride into the hiring process
- Partner with recruiting team and key stakeholders to develop and manage active and passive talent pipelines as well as strategic partnerships to support diversity and critical skills sourcing efforts for current and future talent needs
Recruiting Process Effectiveness:
- Partner with agency leadership, critical stakeholders and hiring managers to build out recruiting processes that allow for attracting and selecting top talent for the agency with a focus on elevating both the candidate and hiring manager/team experience
- Design and automate systems and processes that allow for the most efficient and effective recruiting process
- Build KPIs and metrics/dashboards that allow us to regularly measure recruiting quality and effectiveness of the hiring process
- Develop and maintain trusted relationships with hiring managers and agency leaders by helping to implement innovative recruiting strategies and providing guidance and expertise toward achieving hiring goals
- Develop and facilitate programs and trainings that allow the agency to upskill managers and interviewers involved in the hiring and selection process
- Represent Day One Agency at events, career fairs, networking and campus recruitment events
- Identify industry trends/competitors to continuously innovate D1A’s employment branding techniques including working with our internal creative/production teams on utilizing social channels and emerging technology for successful recruitment
- Mentor and manage Recruiting team to continuously develop as recruiting business partners, ambassadors, talent scouts, investigators and negotiators
- Partner with other COEs to ensure the DEI and career development goals are being met through the talent acquisition process
- Maintain up to date knowledge of trends, labor laws, legislative initiatives that have implications on recruitment and the business
- Ability to independently negotiate and close deals with various constituencies
- 8 to 12 years of Talent Acquisition experience (creative/PR focus a plus).
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated leadership and mentorship skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – written and verbal
- Executive presence and sr leadership stakeholder management
- Able to negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional relationship, consultative and influencing skills leveraging a solution oriented approach to problem solving
- Experienced in strategic thinking and ability to see, articulate and drive to the big picture
- Proficient with recruiting systems and excel, google docs, powerpoint etc.
The Company is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The base compensation range for this role is $155,000-$190,000 and this position is eligible for benefits that include medical insurance (health, dental, and vision), retirement plan, paid time off, paid parental leave, new business and employee referral bonuses, etc. Please note that the compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for New York City based hires only and is provided pursuant to the New York City Pay Transparency Law. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as candidates' relevant work experience, skills, qualifications, and location.