Day One Agency—Campaign Magazine’s Agency of the Year and PRovoke Media’s Creative Agency of the Year—is hiring!
We’re looking for an SVP, Story to join our growing team and help lead a creative and digital account based in NY. The right candidate is ambitious, curious, and driver of great creative. At your core, you’re a problem solver whose experience allows them to guide a range of executions across briefs that lean into culture and social excellence. The world of storytelling is an ever changing one with new needs for our clients arising daily—from short form, and lo-fi creative on TikTok and Reels to more conceptual narrative video in OLV. In this position, you’ll play a crucial role in not only helping to define creative ideas, but leading the charge in how we’ll execute and produce these stories. As a senior leader, you’ll have the opportunity to continue to build a team and define new ways of working for Day One to be at the forefront of the agency's future.
We offer a highly collaborative environment where smart and hyper-passionate people come together to solve creative communications challenges. We emphasize and value all of our relationships—they’re what powers us. Our colleagues, clients, and partners are the most important part of our business. So if you want to join a fast-growing, award-winning, creative team, we’d love to hear from you.
This position is full time and available in New York.
The right candidate will represent a mix of creative thinking and strategic reasoning alongside strong account management and communication skills to articulate not only their ideas but also the value behind them. As a senior member of the team, your responsibility will be to work across verticals and conceptual ideation, leading the charge on projects and providing your expertise to all components of the process—assessing project feasibility, assigning work, resourcing, project planning, and leading clients.
- Be a thought-partner for senior-level clients by understanding their unique business objectives and developing digital communications strategies to meet those goals
- Attract, develop and deploy creative talent to ensure the best storytelling comes to life
- Lead creative, strategic alignment, staffing, and client relationships for projects that will touch owned social channels
- Maintain current knowledge of trends, the competitive landscape, and confidently provide strategic point-of-views to the client
- Be an expert storyteller, ensuring content is creative and engaging across social channels
- Direct the team and other departments to lead project delivery, adhering to timelines, budget, and scope
- Partner with internal team members to try to over deliver against client goals and projects delivered on time and on budget.
- Create strategic plans, decks and presentations on behalf of agency and its clients, including generating ongoing new ideas and value beyond the scope of current client assignments
- Build and lead interagency teams and client relationships
- Be forward thinking, anticipating what is next and planning for the future
- Serve on the leadership team, drive office culture and be a mentor to staff
- Partner with Production on the estimate of budgets and scope works for your client partners
- Build relationships and extend the Day One community
- 12+ years agency experience, managing or contributing to the creative ideation and campaign/asset execution
- Highly organized and systematic when it comes to creative management, including the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload with quick turnarounds
- Extensive experience managing and motivating large teams
- Good communication & presentation skills
- Energetic leader + collaborative + great work ethic
- Penchant for building enduring client relationships, inspiring client confidence
- A history of making commercial decisions and identifying growth opportunities
- Capacity to think through both tactics and the big picture
- Ability to ideate and articulate the why and the how
- Understanding of both major and emerging social platforms
- Strong written/verbal communication
- Strong and deep roster of partners - production companies, directors, content creators, and freelancers
- Thrive in a diverse environment and contribute to the overall culture of Day One
- Excellent problem solving skills, able to comfortably contributing and editing creative ideas
- Conceptual thinking, editorially minded with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Leadership and creative problem solving skills
- Passion for people, organization, and excitement to collaborate in a fast-paced team environment
- Self-motivated, organized, and reliable
Compensation + Benefits
We value all of our employees and are happy to provide comprehensive benefits to help support them holistically in the best way we can. We offer all our employees:
- Health Care (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- “Take As You Need” Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Annual Technology Stipend
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Company Credit Card
- Uber Business Account
- New Business Referral Bonus
- Employee Referral Bonus
The Company is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The base compensation range for this role is $190,000-$250,000 and this position is eligible for benefits that include medical insurance (health, dental, and vision), retirement plan, paid time off, paid parental leave, new business and employee referral bonuses, etc. Please note that the compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for New York City based hires only and is provided pursuant to the New York City Pay Transparency Law. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as candidates' relevant work experience, skills, qualifications, and location.