Day One Agency—Campaign Magazine’s Agency of the Year and PRovoke Media’s Creative Agency of the Year—is hiring! We’re looking for a Senior Designer to join our rising team. The right candidate will be ambitious, hard-working, and dedicated to telling stories that stop people in their scroll. You’ll take pride in your work, show initiative, and go the extra mile to ensure that our clients are serviced in the best way possible. We’re looking for self-starters with creative agency experience who are willing to work collaboratively and quickly with our squad. Excellent organizational skills are imperative. In return, you’ll be in a rewarding learning environment with a great opportunity to grow and further your knowledge and career.
Our company culture is at the core of everything we do. It defines our vibe. It’s what makes every day, Day one. We offer a highly collaborative environment (even as we work from a distance in this new remote world) where smart and hyper-passionate people come together to solve creative communications challenges. It’s no secret; we work hard, but only on the things we love. From the day this agency was created, we vowed to only work on projects that fire us up and that’s still true. It’s how we make projects like Chipotle’s multi-award-winning Freeting campaign come to life.
We emphasize and value all of our relationships—they’re what powers us. Our colleagues, clients, and partners are the most important part of our business. So if you want to join a fast-growing, award-winning, creative team, we’d love to hear from you.
This position is full time and only available in New York City.
The ideal candidate will be a visual thinker who can help us solve problems with both their hands-on skills and creative problem solving. A lot of job descriptions put people inside a narrow focus, but this is an opportunity to flex and showcase a variety of skills.
- To be concept and creative minded, providing a unique perspective and vision for projects
- Contribute to creative strategy sessions by providing ideas, and insights to build from
- Selling in a creative vision to team members and clients through moodboards, references, decks, and high-level design thinking
- Help to lead the junior/mid level designers in the creation of assets, presentations, and sell in materials
- Collaborate effectively and build trust with team members across studio, agency and clients
- Design and deliver client-ready assets on everything including social, out of home, brand marketing, advertising, web, pitches/presentations, events and print
- Be quick but don’t hurry—Be able to juggle multiple projects at once while delivering quality assets at the fast pace of today’s media landscape
- Be able to stretch beyond design by owning your projects from start to finish
Team mentality is a must, and the Senior Designer needs to be comfortable getting their hands dirty. Though it is not the primary role of this position, there are many small and fast paced projects/asks that come through the studio which are a part of the job. There is always a need to design comps, build and/or clean up pitch decks for selling our work, and retouching photography to a high level.
- Multi-disciplinary design portfolio
- 6+ years experience at an advertising/creative agency, or design studio
- Familiarity designing across platforms from digital to print to experiential (as well as understanding the capabilities/restraints of each)
- Energetic and collaborative with a great work ethic
- Thrive in a diverse environment and contribute to the overall culture of Day One
- Muilti-task and prioritize workload with quick turnarounds
- First hand experience taking projects from concept through design and delivery
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to present concepts and to work closely with clients, applying creative solutions to strategic business problems
- Excellent understanding of typography
- Ability to iterate and evolve concepts with constructive feedback
- Solid understanding and ability in photo retouching
- Ability to storyboard and direct animation
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote/Powerpoint, and Google Slides
Major Bonus If You
- Have strong motion, animation, or illustration skills
- Are able to swim as a project manager and be responsible for multiple moving parts of a project
Compensation + Benefits
We value all of our employees and are happy to provide comprehensive benefits to help support them holistically in the best way we can. We offer all our employees:
- Health Care (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Time Off and Company Paid Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Annual Technology Stipend
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Company Credit Card
- Uber Business Account
- New Business Referral Bonus
- Employee Referral Bonus