Day One is looking for a Senior Designer (Contract) to join our creative team. We are looking for a team member to help lead in the shaping and execution of creative ideas. You’ll be a valuable addition to our team, executing client-ready work, design assets, and presentations that sell in work and bring our ideas to life visually.
We expect you to be driven by quality experiences and inspired by design– your passions should be in quality executions no matter the medium. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for creating and communicating concepts, developing campaign art direction, and ideation + creation of original assets.
You will create a range of work spanning ideation through delivery while working closely with your fellow Designers, Creative Director, and strategy counterparts to fulfill and exceed client needs. This requires an ability to set the tone and guidelines for how work should look and feel as well as the world it lives in.
Our company culture is at the core of everything we do. It defines our vibe. It’s what makes every day, Day One. We offer a highly collaborative environment where smart and passionate people come together to solve creative communications challenges. It’s no secret; we work hard– but only on the things we love. From the day this agency was created, we vowed to only work on projects that fire us up. And that’s not changing any day soon. We emphasize and value our relationships– after all, we’re powered by them. Our colleagues, clients, and partners are the most important part of our business.
This position is a contract role and only available in Los Angeles.
The ideal candidate will be a visual thinker who can help us solve problems with both their hands-on skills and creative problem solving. A lot of job descriptions put people inside a narrow focus, but this is an opportunity to flex and showcase a variety of skills.
- Be conceptual and creative-minded, providing a unique perspective and support for projects
- Contribute to creative strategy sessions by providing ideas and insights to build from
- Collaborate effectively with team members across the agency, and with our clients
- Design and deliver client-ready assets on everything including social, out of home, brand marketing, advertising, web, pitches/presentations, events and print
- Be quick but don’t hurry—Be able to juggle multiple projects at once while delivering quality assets at the fast pace of today’s media landscape
- Be able to stretch beyond design by owning your projects from start to finish
- Multi-disciplinary design portfolio
- 5+ years experience within the industry
- Familiarity designing across platforms from social+digital to experiential to print
- Energetic every day; Collaborative with a great work ethic
- Thrive in a diverse environment and contribute to the overall culture of Day One
- Multi-task and prioritize workload with quick turnarounds
- First-hand experience taking projects from concept to design to completion
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to present concepts and to work closely with clients, applying creative solutions to strategic business problems
- Ability to iterate and evolve concepts with constructive feedback
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote, and Google Slides
Major Bonus If You
- Have strong motion, animation, or illustration skills
- Are able to swim as a project manager and be responsible for multiple moving parts of a project