Day One Agency—Campaign Magazine’s Agency of the Year and PRovoke Media’s Creative Agency of the Year—is hiring! We’re looking for a Sr. Account Executive to join our rising team. The right candidate will be ambitious, hard-working, and dedicated to telling stories that stop people in their scroll. You’ll take pride in your work, show initiative, and go the extra mile to ensure that our clients are serviced in the best way possible. We’re looking for self-starters with creative agency experience who are willing to work collaboratively and quickly with our squad. Excellent organizational skills are imperative. In return, you’ll be in a rewarding learning environment with a great opportunity to grow and further your knowledge and career.
Our company culture is at the core of everything we do. It defines our vibe. It’s what makes every day, Day one. We offer a highly collaborative environment (even as we work from a distance in this new remote world) where smart and hyper-passionate people come together to solve creative communications challenges. It’s no secret; we work hard, but only on the things we love. From the day this agency was created, we vowed to only work on projects that fire us up and that’s still true. It’s how we make projects like Chipotle’s multi-award-winning Freeting campaign come to life.
We emphasize and value all of our relationships—they’re what powers us. Our colleagues, clients, and partners are the most important part of our business. So if you want to join a fast-growing, award-winning, creative team, we’d love to hear from you.
This position is full time and is only available in New York City.
In this role, you will help shape top clients media strategy, proactively pitching stories to journalists and working everyday to connect business, tech and consumer stories with relevant journalists. You’ll manage end-to-end execution of media opportunities, and contribute as a writer when necessary.
The SAE role will be responsible for supporting critical parts our Day One’s public relations function: creatively writing and pitching stories to business, tech and consumer journalists, working to win over every journalist and grow our base of media contacts, working with our clients to storymine and bring media opportunities to life, manage end-to-end execution of media opportunities and thought leadership opportunities, oversee content development for speaking opportunities and partner with clients to help bring their ideas and vision to life.
- Help develop and support C-suite communications and strategy of Fortune 100 clients
- Execute against strategic media relations opportunities: identify key media targets, develop pitches and own media outreach for clients in financial services and digital payments/tech
- Identify trends related to C-suite level executives of Fortune 100 companies, as well as in tech, payments to help inform media relations approach and opportunities
- Support executive social media presence strategy development and execution
- Develop PR/Thought Leadership strategies, research and materials development
- Lead in project management and day-to-day client communications and relations
- General account support (e.g. launch reporting/recapping, writing agendas for meetings with clients)
- Peer resource to account executives, assistant account executives, PR coordinators, apprentices and interns
4-5 years-experience in PR, marketing communications or media as well as have a college degree
Entrepreneurial-minded, deadline-oriented PR generalist
Strong work ethic, writing and oral communications skills
Strong media relations expertise
Natural attention to detail, and ability to work on complicated and overlapping work streams from start to finish
Looking for a great place to take your career in public relations to the next level
Ability to work cross functionally and interpersonal skills
Major Bonus If You
- Have relationships with top tier publications who cover Fortune 100 executives; tech outlets, consumer outlets, payments-focused outlets; broadcast
- Relevant agency experience working on consumer-facing brands
- Experience working with C-Suite executives and driving Thought Leadership opportunities
- Experience mentoring junior team members
Compensation + Benefits
We value all of our employees and are happy to provide comprehensive benefits to help support them holistically in the best way we can. We offer all our employees:
- Health Care (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- “Take-As-You-Need” Paid Time Off and Company Paid Holidays
- Fresh Thinking Fridays
- Summer Fridays
- Annual Technology Stipend
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Company Credit Card
- Uber Business Account
- New Business Referral Bonus
- Employee Referral Bonus