Day One Agency—Campaign Magazine’s Agency of the Year and PRovoke Media’s Creative Agency of the Year—is hiring! We’re looking for a Senior Account Director to join our rising team. The right candidate will be ambitious, hard-working, and dedicated to telling stories that stop people in their scroll. You’ll take pride in your work, show initiative, and go the extra mile to ensure that our clients are serviced in the best way possible. We’re looking for self-starters with creative agency experience who are willing to work collaboratively and quickly with our squad. Excellent organizational skills are imperative. In return, you’ll be in a rewarding learning environment with a great opportunity to grow and further your knowledge and career.
Our company culture is at the core of everything we do. It defines our vibe. It’s what makes every day, Day one. We offer a highly collaborative environment (even as we work from a distance in this new remote world) where smart and hyper-passionate people come together to solve creative communications challenges. It’s no secret; we work hard, but only on the things we love. From the day this agency was created, we vowed to only work on projects that fire us up and that’s still true. It’s how we make projects like Chipotle’s multi-award-winning Freeting campaign come to life.
We emphasize and value all of our relationships—they’re what powers us. Our colleagues, clients, and partners are the most important part of our business. So if you want to join a fast-growing, award-winning, creative team, we’d love to hear from you.
This position is full time and is only available in New York City.
Responsibilities for this senior role will include serving as a day-to-day client lead and team manager who will be instrumental in developing and executing high-impact communications strategies that build strong brands and achieve key business objectives.
- Client Relations: Key contributor or owner of client workstreams, projects and programs; Builds trust with client contact and teams; Professional demeanor; Able to analyze and contextualize information and begin to form strategic recommendations
- Strategy: Supports with crafting both year-long plans, as well as dedicated comms strategies around inbound client projects and initiatives. Thinks with an integrated approach, going beyond just media relations to look at the big picture across influencer, social media and experiential (when needed). IAT experience is preferred and working with partner agencies is preferred.
- Account Management: Displays attention to detail across all team work product; reviews and finalizes materials; mentors AD, AM, SAE, AE, AAE, AC and Intern growth and development; leads programs as assigned
- Media Relations: Developing pitch calendars and angles, Draft pitches; Pitches media, Manages media calls, review and edits briefing materials; Identifies appropriate media targets (with a large emphasis on digital media); Builds media relationships on behalf of the clients and agency; Owns media opportunities from start to finish. Managing contracts and budgets.
- Writing Skills: Excellent writing and editing skills: Able to write and edit materials and provide direction to ensure quality control
- Organizational, Tactical, and Communication Skills: Solutions oriented and understands how to best prioritize tasks or assignments; Demonstrates a high level of organizational skills; Meets deadlines; Sees projects through to completion; Great attention to detail; Confidence and competency in reviewing team work product; Articulates ideas succinctly and is comfortable with public speaking and presentations
- Bridging Across the Agency: Work with peers to further the mission, goals and culture of the agency
Required Experience and Skills:
- Large brand experience working within the lifestyle, consumer, travel, spirit media category is required
- Track record of successfully developing media strategies, identifying story angles, developing press materials and securing top tier coverage for clients
- Successful in managing multiple short- and long-term plans simultaneously
- Experience engaging mid- to senior-level clients
- Success in securing media placements
- Experience mentoring junior team members
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, English, Public Relations or Marketing preferred
- 8-10 years of media relations experience; agency/client experience is a plus
Major Bonus If You
- Have worked on a wide range of assignments and client categories– including luxury, travel, financial services, lifestyle brands, consumer tech, fashion, hospitality and more.
- Have IAT experience and working with partner agencies
Compensation + Benefits
We value all of our employees and are happy to provide comprehensive benefits to help support them holistically in the best way we can. We offer all our employees:
- Health Care (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Time Off and Company Paid Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Annual Technology Stipend
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Company Credit Card
- Uber Business Account
- New Business Referral Bonus
- Employee Referral Bonus