Day One Agency—Campaign Magazine’s Agency of the Year and PRovoke Media’s Creative Agency of the Year—is hiring! We’re looking for a Photo/Video Creator to join our rising team. The right candidate will be ambitious, hard-working, and dedicated to telling stories that stop people in their scroll. You’ll take pride in your work, show initiative, and go the extra mile to ensure that our clients are serviced in the best way possible. We’re looking for self-starters with creative agency experience who are willing to work collaboratively and quickly with our squad. Excellent organizational skills are imperative. In return, you’ll be in a rewarding learning environment with a great opportunity to grow and further your knowledge and career.
Our company culture is at the core of everything we do. It defines our vibe. It’s what makes every day, Day One. We offer a highly collaborative environment (even as we work from a distance in this new remote world) where smart and hyper-passionate people come together to solve creative communications challenges. It’s no secret; we work hard, but only on the things we love. From the day this agency was created, we vowed to only work on projects that fire us up and that’s still true. It’s how we make projects like Chipotle’s multi-award-winning Freeting campaign come to life.
We emphasize and value all of our relationships—they’re what powers us. Our colleagues, clients, and partners are the most important part of our business. So if you want to join a fast-growing, award-winning, creative team, we’d love to hear from you.
This position is full time and only available in Los Angeles or Chicago.
The ideal candidate will be a visual thinker who can help us solve problems with both their hands-on skills and creative problem solving. You’re a visual storyteller at heart, whether shooting elevated product photography or making lo-fi TikToks. A lot of job descriptions put people inside a narrow focus, but this is an opportunity to flex and showcase a variety of skills.
- Shooting photography, handling photoshoots, capturing and editing digital videos
- Shooting shortform Tik Toks, videos and gifs
- Be on top of the changing social, digital and cultural landscape—looking for untapped opportunities and thinking to bring to our work
- Capturing content at key client events and activations
- Shooting content of our team and office to build the Day One brand
- Support on creative ideation and concepting in unexpected ways, translating them in ways that make them feel simple
- Collaborate effectively with team members across design, strategy, story, and our clients
- Be quick but don’t hurry—Be able to juggle multiple projects at once while delivering quality assets at the fast pace of today’s media landscape
- Other duties as assigned, including video archiving, file management, equipment management, and other admin duties
- A passion for photography, videography, and other creative outlets
- Strong understanding of all things capturing content—photography, lighting, editing, etc.
- Multi-disciplinary creative portfolio
- 3+ years delivering brand content through a range of styles and formats
- Understanding of both major and emerging social platforms
- Thrive in a diverse environment and contribute to the overall culture of Day One
- Multi-task and prioritize workload with quick turnarounds
- First-hand experience taking projects from concept to design to completion
- Ability to iterate and evolve concepts with constructive feedback
- Demonstrated creativity, innovation, and initiative in Tik Tok, shooting HD, editing with Premiere, and fluency in Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote, and Google Slides
- Passion for online video and digital content with a curiosity for pop culture and internet communities
- Baseline understanding of the inner workings of Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and YouTube
- Strong understanding of digital marketing including content strategy, experiential, content production, and social
- Energetic every day; Collaborative with a great work ethic
Major Bonus If You
- Are extremely knowledgeable with proven experience in the use of Social Media, Social Network and Blogs for the distribution of digital media content
- Have exceptional motion, animation, or illustration skills
- Are able to swim as a project manager and be responsible for multiple moving parts of a project
- Can manage and create internal case studies
Compensation + Benefits
We value all of our employees and are happy to provide comprehensive benefits to help support them holistically in the best way we can. We offer all our employees:
- Health Care (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Time Off and Company Paid Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Annual Technology Stipend
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Company Credit Card
- Uber Business Account
- New Business Referral Bonus
- Employee Referral Bonus