Day One Agency—Campaign Magazine’s Agency of the Year and PRovoke Media’s Creative Agency of the Year—is hiring! We’re looking for a Designer to join our rising team. The right candidate will be ambitious, hard-working, and dedicated to telling stories that stop people in their scroll. You’ll take pride in your work, show initiative, and go the extra mile to ensure that our clients are serviced in the best way possible. We’re looking for entry-level, self-starters who’re willing to work collaboratively and quickly with our squad. Excellent organizational skills are imperative. In return, you’ll be in a rewarding learning environment with a great opportunity to grow and further your knowledge and career.
Our company culture is at the core of everything we do. It defines our vibe. It’s what makes every day, Day one. We offer a highly collaborative environment (even as we work from a distance in this new remote world) where smart and hyper-passionate people come together to solve creative communications challenges. It’s no secret; we work hard, but only on the things we love. From the day this agency was created, we vowed to only work on projects that fire us up and that’s still true. It’s how we make projects like Chipotle’s multi-award-winning Freeting campaign come to life.
We emphasize and value all of our relationships—they’re what powers us. Our colleagues, clients, and partners are the most important part of our business. So if you want to join a fast-growing, award-winning, creative team, we’d love to hear from you.
This position is full time and only available in New York City.
The ideal candidate will be a visual thinker who can help us solve problems with both their hands-on skills and creative problem-solving. A lot of job descriptions put people inside a narrow focus, but this is an opportunity to flex and showcase a variety of skills.
- Be conceptual and creative-minded, providing a unique perspective and support for projects
- Contribute to creative strategy sessions by providing ideas and insights to build from
- Collaborate effectively with team members across the agency, and with our clients
- Deliver client-ready assets on everything including social, digital, pitches/presentations, out of home, brand marketing, advertising, web, events and print design
- Be quick but don’t hurry—Be able to juggle multiple projects at once while delivering quality assets at the fast pace of social media
- Be able to stretch beyond design by owning your projects from start to finish
- Multi-disciplinary design portfolio
- 3-5 years experience within the industry
- Familiarity designing across platforms from social+digital to experiential to print
- Have strong motion, animation, or illustration skills
- Energetic every day; Collaborative with a great work ethic
- Thrive in a diverse environment and contribute to the overall culture of Day One
- Multi-task and prioritize workload with quick turnarounds
- First-hand experience taking projects from concept to design to completion
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to present concepts and to work closely with clients, applying creative solutions to strategic business problems
- Ability to iterate and evolve concepts with constructive feedback
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote, and Google Slides
Major Bonus If You
- Can deliver as a project manager and be responsible for multiple moving parts of a project
- Have an interest in sports or athletic space