Day One Agency—Campaign Magazine’s Agency of the Year and PRovoke Media’s Creative Agency of the Year—is hiring! We’re looking for a Director, Story to join our growing team. The right candidate is ambitious and hard-working. At your core, you’re a storyteller. You have a way with words. It doesn’t matter the medium, you can connect to an audience in a 1x1 square, a Tweet — even a Giphy sticker. You take pride in your work, sweat the small stuff, ask for forgiveness not permission, and go the extra mile (or three) to ensure that our clients are serviced in the best way possible. This is a job for organized self-starters with creative agency experience. You’re flexible, used to wearing many hats, juggling several projects and balancing multiple metaphors. You work fast and are a master of collaboration. You get excited by the idea of working in a learning environment with the opportunity to grow, furthering your skills and career.
Our company culture is at the core of everything we do. It’s what makes every day, Day One. We offer a highly collaborative environment (even as we work from a distance in this new remote world) where smart and passionate people come together to solve creative communications challenges. It’s no secret; we work hard, but only on the things we love. From the day this agency was created, we vowed to only work on projects that fire us up and that’s still true. It’s how we make projects like Chipotle’s multi-award-winning Freeting campaign come to life and reshape the iconic Keebler brand for the digital age.
We emphasize and value all of our relationships—they’re what powers us. Our colleagues, clients, and partners are the most important part of our business. So if you want to join a fast-growing, award-winning, creative team, we’d love to hear from you.
This position is full time and only available in Chicago or Los Angeles.
The ideal candidate will help us arrive at stories that earn a reaction. Their work should be deeply grounded in culture and should focus on connecting to the things people care about. A director of story at Day One should be ready to take on a fresh challenge every day. From creating a brand swag line, to planning for 2021, experimenting with TikTok and building lots and lots of concept decks.
- Lead ideation and find the big idea. Then make it feel simple through slides.
- Inspire and organize a team around cultural and consumer insights that will lead to bigger and better thinking.
- Roll up your sleeves with copywriting and content direction from one off posts to integrated campaigns. From caption to tagline, no project is too small, no ambition too big.
- Bring fresh thinking and a collaborative spirit to the team when developing work
- Build and nurture a team of creative and strategic minds
- Always be searching for consumer insights, new platforms and cultural trends
- Multitask and prioritize workload with quick turnarounds
- Present concepts and work closely with clients, applying creative solutions to strategic business problems
- Iterate and evolve concepts with constructive feedback all while remembering the big picture
- 7-10 years relevant experience as part of a creative team.
- 2+ years in a role overseeing a team and leading campaigns
- Strong network of freelance writers, makers, and creative talent
- Familiarity designing across platforms from digital, print, and experiential
Major Bonus If You
- Have creative agency experience
- Have a network of creators that you can connect us to
Compensation + Benefits
We value all of our employees and are happy to provide comprehensive benefits to help support them holistically in the best way we can. We offer all our employees:
- Health Care (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Time Off and Company Paid Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Annual Technology Stipend
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Company Credit Card
- Uber Business Account
- New Business Referral Bonus
- Employee Referral Bonus