Day One Agency—Campaign Magazine’s Agency of the Year and PRovoke Media’s Creative Agency of the Year—is hiring! We’re looking for a Director to join our rising Casting and Creators team. The right candidate will be ambitious, hard-working, and dedicated to telling stories that stop people in their scroll. You’ll take pride in your work, show initiative, and go the extra mile to ensure that our clients are serviced in the best way possible. We’re looking for self-starters with creative agency experience who are willing to work collaboratively and quickly with our squad. Excellent organizational skills are imperative. In return, you’ll be in a rewarding learning environment with a great opportunity to grow and further your knowledge and career.
Our company culture is at the core of everything we do. It defines our vibe. It’s what makes every day, day one. We offer a highly collaborative, hybrid work environment where smart and hyper-passionate people come together to solve creative communications challenges. It’s no secret; we work hard, but only on the things we love. From the day this agency was created, we vowed to only work on projects that fire us up and that’s still true. It’s how we make projects like Chipotle’s Corn Kid or American Express’ first sneaker drop at NBA All-Star come to life.
We emphasize and value all of our relationships—they’re what powers us. Our colleagues, clients, and partners are the most important part of our business. So if you want to join a fast-growing, award-winning, creative team, we’d love to hear from you.
This role is full time and only available in New York City.
The Director is the second in command to the VP as the client and team lead. They are the go-to point of contact for client communications and delivering successful influencer-led programs across our full client portfolio. The successful candidate will be a solution-oriented problem solver who builds strategies rooted in brand storytelling and drives relationship building with agents and influencers. This role will also be tasked with assisting in growing our agency capabilities, working cross-functionally across the agency’s Shape, Share, Fuel teams and overseeing career development for a team of digital strategists.
- Lead a team of digital strategists, ranging from associate to senior level
- Work autonomously to lead assigned programs and manage up to VP as needed
- Develop influencer strategies for our consumer facing clients
- Understand influencer’s place in the marketing mix and provide POVs for how to adapt and evolve strategies to stay relevant and ahead of the curve
- Deliver successful campaigns that drive measurable results for our clients
- Establish relationships with agents and influencers
- Contribute to expanding agency capabilities and offerings within the digital and influencer spaces
- Provide fresh thinking and creative ways to solve client challenges
- Partner with other Director-level team members to ensure team and client health remain positive and optimistic
- Poke holes, asks questions, and push the work to be the best it can be
- Anticipate client/partner needs and formulate proposed solutions
- Identify, establish and build on internal processes
- 7-9 years of experience working in creative, earned media, and social
- Experience in leading and mentoring a diverse team, exemplifying excellent judgment and people skills
- Experience driving digital strategy and leading execution for major consumer brands including budget management, timeline oversight, and ongoing optimizations
- Innate interest in culture and its impact on social
- Understanding of the ins and outs of influencer marketing and its place within digital
- Experience turning a concept into an executable plan
- Expert knowledge of how paid, earned, and owned channels work together
- Organized and extremely detail oriented
- Experience managing clients from different business functions
- Experience iterating and evolving strategy with constructive feedback
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including client presentations
- Strong knowledge of key social platforms
- Experience gathering and analyzing campaign metrics to assemble reports that tell a cohesive, compelling story
- Big picture thinking experience
- Excellent time management skills and ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Expertise in influencer contract negotiations
- Positive can-do attitude and creative problem solver
- Strong understanding of paid media
- Experience with identifying, negotiating, contracting, and managing celebrity talent