Day One Agency—Campaign Magazine’s Agency of the Year and PRovoke Media’s Creative Agency of the Year—is hiring! We are seeking a self-motivated, detail-oriented Director, Branded Experiences to join our team to plan and execute both internal agency and best-in-class experiential client events. This role will oversee all aspects of event production, from conception through on-site management for activations ranging from intimate media dinners to launch parties for big consumer brands. The ideal candidate will bring a wealth of contacts and industry knowledge to our team from previous experience, will proactively seek new event spaces and vendors, and act as a valuable resource for experiential ideas and partnerships.
The Director, Branded Experiences will work in tandem with and report into both our EVP and VP of Operations. Working alongside our EVP, the Director, Branded Experiences will be supported by and work closely with select Public Relations client teams on their campaigns and activations. The Director, Branded Experiences will also work together with our VP of Operations and enhance Day One’s tentpole events, create and execute on-site happenings in our agency’s event space, as well as develop and produce client swag.
We are looking for a strong project manager, communicator, and team player who is able to drive several work streams simultaneously, possesses a strong work ethic, and solid budgeting, writing and presentation skills. Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of event planning and production experience and demonstrate resourcefulness, creativity, enthusiasm and decisiveness and problem-solving skills. Finally, he/she will also live and breathe (and pass on) Day One’s approach to work – fresh thinking, new energy, every day.
- Experiential Lead on Client Events:
- Conceptualize experiential client events and contribute scroll-stopping ideas to enhance the draw and excitement of the activation via vendors, talent, etc.
- Lead client communications with the ability to package and present concepts
- Serve as the production lead with all vendors as needed throughout the planning process (venue, caterer, internal studio team members, etc.)
- Drive all event production elements forward on a daily basis: going on site checks, creating/updating decks and meeting agendas, attending weekly client meetings, etc.
- Liaise with Day One’s Public Relations account team to further develop activations
- Represent Day One’s experiential arm at agency IAT’s
- Determine if/when to bring in a production company; act as a liaison between Client and event production company; direct the event production company on all event elements
- Manage and support the execution of Day One-led brand partnerships / collaborations; act as day-to-day vendor contact driving timelines, reviews and approvals
- Vet ideas put forth by any event production partner and ensure ideas are doable, on-brand and within budget before sharing with the client
- Create and maintain key event documents as needed including budget, run of show, work back schedules, roles and responsibilities, contact lists
- Traffic any necessary invoices and legal documents (COIs, contracts, etc.)
- Source, produce, package and maintain budget for swag as needed
- Coordinate packaging and transporting of event materials as needed
- Attend events and act as on-site manager
- Fulfill talent riders as needed
- Coordinate and execute Day One’s larger on-site happenings including panel discussions and screenings:
- Conceptualize ideas that are uniquely Day One and encourage team growth, learning and togetherness
- Procure F&B, signage, staffing, decor and A/V as needed
- Ensure seamless set up and clean up
- Help recreate / plan corresponding West Coast activation as needed
- Alert social team of happenings for social posts
- Work with VP of Operations to plan and execute off-site agency outings, trainings and Day One branded events. Elements listed above plus:
- Contributing exciting ways to bring the Day One brand to life through decor, F&B, etc.
- Researching and securing venues as needed
- Creating and maintaining RSVP/guest list, production timelines and day of run of show documents
- Checking in with appropriate team members for specific needs and requests
- Packaging/transporting event materials as needed
- Maintain Event budgets and materials
- Maintain budgets for all internal on and off-site events and swag
- Save pertinent documents on the Events and Culture Team Drive
- Populate and update master venue list and venue folders on Google Drive
Major Bonus If You
- Passion for bringing ideas to life; organized and excited to collaborate in a fast-paced team environment
- Extremely self-motivated, problem-solver
- Maintain finger on the pulse of what’s new and happening in NY/LA, in work/office culture, and consumer/media branded events
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently with precise attention to detail
- Proven experience and deep relationships with event partners and outside vendors
- Exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy contributing to company culture