Creative Strategist - New York
New York City
Do you #hashtag like it's your job? It could be.
Day One Agency—Campaign Magazine’s Agency of the Year and PRovoke Media’s Creative Agency of the Year—is hiring! We’re looking for a Creative Strategist to join our rising team. The right candidate will be ambitious, hard-working, and dedicated to telling stories that stop people in their scroll. You’ll take pride in your work, show initiative, and go the extra mile to ensure that our clients are serviced in the best way possible. We’re looking for self-starters with creative agency experience who are willing to work collaboratively and quickly with our squad. Excellent organizational skills are imperative. In return, you’ll be in a rewarding learning environment with a great opportunity to grow and further your knowledge and career.
Our company culture is at the core of everything we do. It defines our vibe. It’s what makes every day, Day One. We offer a highly collaborative environment where smart and hyper-passionate people come together to solve creative communications challenges. It’s no secret; we work hard, but only on the things we love. From the day this agency was created, we vowed to only work on projects that fire us up and that’s still true. It’s how we make projects like Chipotle’s multi-award-winning Freeting campaign come to life.
We emphasize and value all of our relationships—they’re what powers us. Our colleagues, clients, and partners are the most important part of our business. So if you want to join a fast-growing, award-winning, creative team, we’d love to hear from you.
This position is full time and is available in New York City and Portland with a hybrid schedule.
This role will require supporting and developing ideas that connect to culture for our brand partners. The ideal candidate is obsessed with observing the world and harnessing unique insights. We are looking for a team member with a solid foundation and interest in dreaming up big ideas that can break through—no matter the channel. As a Creative Strategist you’ll be expected to:
- Partner with leads across the agency to integrate storytelling into all of our initiatives
- Provide oversight on content strategy, design, creative and execution alongside production, communications and digital strategy leads
- Support our team’s and our clients’ approach to creative executions
- Bring fresh thinking and collaborative spirit to team when developing work
- Be comfortable writing copy, supporting in tone of voice work for brand and thinking up new territories for connection
- 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Ability to take surface consumer insights and identify trends
- Background working on digital campaigns
- Energetic and collaborative with a great work ethic
- Thrive in a diverse environment and contribute to the overall culture of Day One
- Multi-task and prioritize workload with quick turnarounds
- Experience taking projects from concept through activation
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop concepts and apply creative solutions to strategic business problems
- Ability to iterate and evolve concepts with constructive feedback
- Fluent in the digital and social story formats of today, and be curious for the ones to come tomorrow.
Major Bonus If You
- Familiarity utilizing data/insights to shape ideas
- Past experience collaborating with creative to bring concepts/vision to life
Compensation + Benefits
We value all of our employees and are happy to provide comprehensive benefits to help support them holistically in the best way we can. We offer all our employees:
- Health Care (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- “Take-As-You-Need” Paid Time Off and Company Paid Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Annual Technology Stipend
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Company Credit Card
- Uber Business Account
- New Business Referral Bonus
- Employee Referral Bonus
The Company is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The base compensation range for this role is $65,000-$85,000 and this position is eligible for benefits that include medical insurance (health, dental, and vision), retirement plan, paid time off, paid parental leave, new business and employee referral bonuses, etc. Please note that the compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for New York City based hires only and is provided pursuant to the New York City Pay Transparency Law. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as candidates' relevant work experience, skills, qualifications, and location.