Day One Agency—Campaign Magazine’s Agency of the Year and PRovoke Media’s Creative Agency of the Year—is hiring! We’re looking for a Creative Director to join our rising team. The right candidate will be ambitious, hard-working, and dedicated to telling stories that stop people in their scroll. You’ll take pride in your work, show initiative, and go the extra mile to ensure that our clients are serviced in the best way possible. We’re looking for self-starters with creative agency experience who are willing to work collaboratively and quickly with our squad. Excellent organizational skills are imperative. In return, you’ll be in a rewarding learning environment with a great opportunity to grow and further your knowledge and career.
Our company culture is at the core of everything we do. It defines our vibe. It’s what makes every day, Day one. We offer a highly collaborative environment (even as we work from a distance in this new remote world) where smart and hyper-passionate people come together to solve creative communications challenges. It’s no secret; we work hard, but only on the things we love. From the day this agency was created, we vowed to only work on projects that fire us up and that’s still true. It’s how we make projects like Chipotle’s multi-award-winning Freeting campaign come to life.
We emphasize and value all of our relationships—they’re what powers us. Our colleagues, clients, and partners are the most important part of our business. So if you want to join a fast-growing, award-winning, creative team, we’d love to hear from you.
This position is full time and is only available in New York City
This role will require leading brand creative and providing support and governance to our studio while shepherding clients toward their best work. Collaboration is key at Day One, and we’ll look to our CD to be a true partner, acting as the key brand creative liaison with client partners and key stakeholders across all departments—listening to their needs, working together to solve problems with internal and external solutions, providing creative counsel and ultimately overseeing the creative product and delivery. This role will report into the Managing Director, with oversight from the CEO.
- Motivate the internal studio team to think differently and constantly look to elevate their work, inspiring a team of art directors, designers, copywriters, creative strategists, and storytellers.
- Partner with the production team to review and refine briefs, budgets, timelines and staffing plans, refining the Studio team and paths across the team.
- Support in the hiring and career development of the studio team, helping to mentor our existing staff and assessing where we need to evolve as we grow.
- Come from a place of earning it, developing ideas designed to connect with culture. Be a leader and champion of big ideas.
- Lead the creative and brand vision for our clients and the Day One brand.
- Shape and develop cohesive narratives, maximizing the quality of our output.
- Be comfortable executing, personally ideating and developing breakthrough concepts and setting an example for the team.
- 9-10 Years creative direction experience
- Comfort working cross discipline
- Demonstrated expertise in managing and juggling multiple creatives
- Comfortable with complex assignments and leading a diverse team
- Hybrid of copy and visual skill set
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a style that inspires
- Passionate and Dedicated
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- A true mentor & manager
Compensation + Benefits
We value all of our employees and are happy to provide comprehensive benefits to help support them holistically in the best way we can. We offer all our employees:
- Health Care (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Time Off and Company Paid Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Annual Technology Stipend
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Company Credit Card
- Uber Business Account
- New Business Referral Bonus
- Employee Referral Bonus