Day One Agency—Campaign Magazine’s Agency of the Year and PRovoke Media’s Creative Agency of the Year—is hiring! We’re looking for a Contract Recruiter to join our rising team. The right candidate will be ambitious, hard-working, and self-motivated. You’ll take pride in your work, show initiative, and go the extra mile to support our growing team through full-cycle recruitment responsibilities. We’re looking for self-starters with creative or PR recruiting experience who are willing to work collaboratively and quickly with our squad. Excellent organizational skills are imperative. In return, you’ll be in a rewarding learning environment with a great opportunity to grow and further your knowledge and career.
Our company culture is at the core of everything we do. It defines our vibe. It’s what makes every day, day one. We offer a highly collaborative environment (even as we work from a distance in this new remote world) where smart and hyper-passionate people come together to solve creative communications challenges. It’s no secret; we work hard, but only on the things we love. From the day this agency was created, we vowed to only work on projects that fire us up and that’s still true. It’s how we make projects like Chipotle’s multi-award-winning Freeting campaign come to life.
We emphasize and value all of our relationships—they’re what powers us. Our colleagues, clients, and partners are the most important part of our business. So if you want to join a fast-growing, award-winning, creative team, we’d love to hear from you.
This is a 3-month contract role and available in New York City, Los Angeles or Chicago.
Responsibilities for this role will include managing full life cycle recruitment to ensure we are hiring top talent. This is an opportunity for a strong recruiter to help build a best in class recruitment function within an award winning communications agency. This role reports to and works closely with our VP, Human Resources to lead our recruitment strategy. The ideal candidate is collaborative, organized, a go-getter and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Source, recruit, and hire top talent for all levels and functions at Day One
- Lead and scale the full cycle recruiting process from sourcing to offer acceptance.
- Develop and maintain a trusted relationship with hiring managers and agency leaders by implementing best-in-class recruiting strategies, and providing guidance and expertise toward achieving their hiring goals.
- Build and manage a pipeline of active and passive candidates.
- Work with our HR Coordinator to ensure a seamless interview experience for all candidates.
- Represent Day One at career fairs, networking and campus recruitment events.
- Partner with universities and organizations to host recruitment events such as Information Sessions, Resume Building Workshops, Panel Discussions, etc. to funnel talent.
- Maintain requisitions within our Applicant Tracking System and LinkedIn.
- Assist the leadership team in gathering data and reporting.
- Utilize broader trends in the industry to continuously improve Day One's employment branding techniques for successful recruitment.
- Work with our internal production team on using our social channels for recruitment as well as keeping our career website up to date.
- Provide guidance to hiring managers on inclusive hiring.
- Assist on any other ad-hoc projects within the Human Resources department.
- 3-5 years of Talent Acquisition experience (advertising/PR focus a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – written and verbal.
- Up to date on recruitment strategies, trends and tactics.
- Able to negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups.
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to quickly gain employee trust and maintain an extraordinarily high level of confidentiality.
- MUST work well under pressure and be able to multitask.
- Ability to speak comfortably with employees and candidates of all levels.
- Uses logic to solve difficult problems.
- Able to read situations quickly and facilitate cooperation.
- Advanced computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word). G Suite experience is a plus.