Day One Agency—Campaign Magazine’s Agency of the Year and PRovoke Media’s Creative Agency of the Year—is hiring! We’re looking for an Associate Creative Director to join our rising team. The right candidate will be ambitious, hard-working, and dedicated to telling stories that stop people in their scroll. You’ll take pride in your work, show initiative, and go the extra mile to ensure that our clients are serviced in the best way possible. We’re looking for self-starters with creative agency experience who are willing to work collaboratively and quickly with our squad. Excellent organizational skills are imperative. In return, you’ll be in a rewarding learning environment with a great opportunity to grow and further your knowledge and career.
Our company culture is at the core of everything we do. It defines our vibe. It’s what makes every day, Day one. We offer a highly collaborative environment (even as we work from a distance in this new remote world) where smart and hyper-passionate people come together to solve creative communications challenges. It’s no secret; we work hard, but only on the things we love. From the day this agency was created, we vowed to only work on projects that fire us up and that’s still true. It’s how we make projects like Chipotle’s multi-award-winning Freeting campaign come to life.
We emphasize and value all of our relationships—they’re what powers us. Our colleagues, clients, and partners are the most important part of our business. So if you want to join a fast-growing, award-winning, creative team, we’d love to hear from you.
This position is full time and only available in New York City.
We are looking for a team member with a solid foundation and proven track record of success in leading creative projects from ideation through to execution, and managing every piece in between. The ACD will serve a vital role at Day One– whether you are concepting, designing, producing, or managing, our team will depend on you for all things creative.
- Motivate our internal design team to think differently and constantly look to elevate their work, inspire a team of art directors, designers, copywriters, creative strategists, and storytellers. Lead by example and get hands on with the work.
- Come from a place of earning it, developing concepts designed to connect with culture. Be a leader and champion of big ideas.
- Help to mentor our existing staff and collaborate with the Creative Director to inform where we need to evolve as we grow.
- Execute creative and brand vision for our clients and the Day One brand.
- Shape and develop cohesive narratives, maximizing the quality of our output.
- Be comfortable executing, personally ideating and developing breakthrough concepts and setting an example for the team.
- Consistently manage up to Creative Director and agency leadership. Over communicate when necessary and bring a solution oriented approach to every challenge.
- Get into the details. Review and refine briefs, project plans and staffing across projects. Get into the work but also think about how to set the team up for success.
Characteristics of our ideal candidate
- Passionate and Dedicated
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- A true mentor & manager
- A team player who’s willing to take on any creative task, big or small
- 8+ Years design experience
- Comfort working cross discipline
- Demonstrated expertise in managing and juggling multiple creatives
- Ability to project manage deliverables and organize resources
- Comfortable with complex assignments and leading a diverse team
- Visually led skill set, but able to oversee ideation and presentations
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a style that inspires
Major Bonus If You
- Are driven by the creative landscape of social media
- Know where to find alt TikTok
- Bored with traditional design
- Had enough of the millennial aesthetic
Compensation + Benefits
We value all of our employees and are happy to provide comprehensive benefits to help support them holistically in the best way we can. We offer all our employees:
- Health Care (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- “Take-As-You-Need” Paid Time Off and Company Paid Holidays
- Fresh Thinking Mornings
- Summer Fridays
- Annual Technology Stipend
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Company Credit Card
- Uber Business Account
- New Business Referral Bonus
- Employee Referral Bonus